- Report linking
- Minimal coding (dropdown menu & options menu)
- Interactive reports capability (change the axis or the type of graph)
- Data integration (synchronization of updated data into respective domains)
- Data security (SAS Metadata level security)
It is also less time consuming. However, making legitimate and important decisions using a single application will always come with a price which is the only drawback for its complete implementation in a CRO Industry.
The interactive data exploration process
The infographic shows the process of how the data arrives into the Web Report Studio:
The coloured figures shown throughout the infographic, and also in the key at the bottom, represent people with the stated job title; and where they would be involved in the interactive data exploration process.
- CRF and eCRF data is collected into various electronic data capture systems by the clinical data managers.
- The data is then processed by either SAS programmers or statisticians/programmers and placed into a windows server/secure facility. From here the SAS programmer can develop the classification levels of the SDTM Domains (demographic, event, interventions and findings) with SAS BI.
- After this, the interlinking of domains can be achieved using either a method to build a stored process in enterprise guide which interlinks the different domains, or build an information map which interlinks the different domains by the SAS BI content developer.
- Now SAS Web Report Studio can be used by the SAS BI content developer and various reports can be produced for the clinical statistician/programmer.